Raw Spewage

Updates from the battlefield ... fighting and winning against Lyme disease. Lyme bacteria rarely travels alone, by the way... so not only am I infected with Lyme bacteria but it brought along friends Babesia and Bartonella. It's one big keg party in here. But guess what? The party is OVER, boys. I am hammering you with IV meds and you are making me so ill as you fight back... yeah, you SUCK. But my meds are bigger and better and kicking your little bug asses to the curb. I win. =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Palo Alto, California, United States

Writing has always been the best way for me to communicate my thoughts. And since my thoughts spew forth as raw, scattered, and random musings... the term "Raw Spewage" seemed quite appropriate.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Utterly Trashed

Being "trashed" in college meant drunk and unable to function. It's actually quite an appropriate term for how it feels when my brain and body just are DONE.


Game over.


This state of being is a Lyme thing. It is a bad place to be because it means that you've shot your wad of energy and your brain is so fatigued that your symptoms get flared.


Or worse, some other horrible symptom rears its ugly head.


My goal each day is to prevent this trashing from happening... unfortunately, there are days, like today, when it is unavoidable. It's around 8pm and I just dragged myself downstairs from where I was sleeping since 3pm.


And I do mean dragged. I am still exhausted and still feeling horrible.


But at least I can still see. Oh yeah, my vision has gone before. Which used to be terrifying but now? It's just one of those things.


So. I'll be quick since I have nothing left here -- let me describe how this feels.


The reason I am in this state is because I had a doctor appt which means being driven in the car. Driving or riding in the car is not an enjoyable thing because of the amount of information that bombards my senses... the cars flying past, the bright lights, the horns, the cars, the people flashing past, the speed of the car, the sensation of movement, the sun. It is especially bad to see things in my peripheral vision... that flashing movement is a Bad Thing.


Okay, so we're already in trouble BEFORE the appt.


And the appts are not the usual appts. No. My doctor is an expert in Lyme and the complex connections between the brain and the body. He can test me and pinpoint exactly where my brain is not functioning. he doesn't do this every time but today he needed to see exactly where things are right now... which areas are weak.


Uh oh. Sigh. I'm done.


So tired i cant think anymore. s o frustarting havingthis happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home