Raw Spewage

Updates from the battlefield ... fighting and winning against Lyme disease. Lyme bacteria rarely travels alone, by the way... so not only am I infected with Lyme bacteria but it brought along friends Babesia and Bartonella. It's one big keg party in here. But guess what? The party is OVER, boys. I am hammering you with IV meds and you are making me so ill as you fight back... yeah, you SUCK. But my meds are bigger and better and kicking your little bug asses to the curb. I win. =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Palo Alto, California, United States

Writing has always been the best way for me to communicate my thoughts. And since my thoughts spew forth as raw, scattered, and random musings... the term "Raw Spewage" seemed quite appropriate.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 11 of Getting My Ass Kicked

Week 11 -- July 18, 2010

Why start here? Why not start at Week 1?? Er, that would be because I have been a mess.

I am getting pounded with experimental medication. Many others have gone before me on these meds but not many out here on this coast. So I can't give many details... yet. But starting now, I will try to give some updates. I have been keeping careful notes of all the ugliness as I go through this mess and one day I will write it all up. But for now I can at least show what it looks like to get my ass kicked and how to find the courage to walk in there once a week knowing how bad it is going to be yet doing it anyway.

It is what it is.

There is a payoff. Oh yes, a BIG payoff and that would be being healed. That is what this treatment does... it pounds the crap out of Lyme bacteria. Babesia. Bartonella. Erlichia (sp?). And all the whopping loads of virus I have been infected with. This treatment and the promise of getting out of this shitpile is the reason why once a week I walk into my doctor and let him kick my ass. Then pay him and say "thank you"... knowing I have a week of Hell to look forward to.

This is The Way Out if getting my ass kicked every week is just what needs to be done to push through to the other side... well, bring it on. So I haul my scrawny (98 pounds) but scrappy ass in there and deal with it.
I will admit to moments of defiance... like last week when I saw the huge pile of medications he had put together and one fell off, I said "DO NOT pick THAT up. Just LEAVE IT."
He laughed and picked it up and pounded me with it anyway.
Hey I tried.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home