Raw Spewage

Updates from the battlefield ... fighting and winning against Lyme disease. Lyme bacteria rarely travels alone, by the way... so not only am I infected with Lyme bacteria but it brought along friends Babesia and Bartonella. It's one big keg party in here. But guess what? The party is OVER, boys. I am hammering you with IV meds and you are making me so ill as you fight back... yeah, you SUCK. But my meds are bigger and better and kicking your little bug asses to the curb. I win. =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Palo Alto, California, United States

Writing has always been the best way for me to communicate my thoughts. And since my thoughts spew forth as raw, scattered, and random musings... the term "Raw Spewage" seemed quite appropriate.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Loud Noises Scare Scrawny People


So I needed a bit of humor to lighten things up. And this article cracked me up.

Ooooh - so THAT is why I jump?? I am SCRAWNY?
And why scrawny, huh? Why not little? Or small? or petite? Or tiny?

Because sure, I am er... quite stick-like right now ... I look like Popeye's girlfriend. Olive Oyl was it? And that is just not an attractive picture. I mean, as you can see from the picture, The Cat is huge. He weighs 30 pounds and could THUMP me if he wasn't so sweet and kind.
Well when he isn't surly and grumpy, that is.

But whatever. This is not my fault!
I eat but the damn bugs eat more! Stupid little weevils.

So today's spewage is about weight. In every single person I know with Lyme... their weight has been totally screwed up in one extreme or the other. I am quite familiar with BOTH ends of the spectrum. Here's the deal:
I have always been on the skinny side -- that is just the way my family rolls. Or perhaps "rolls" is not the right word... but whatever. You get the picture. Never had a weight problem.
Then I got bit. Then within a couple of months I got HUGE.
40 pounds. BOOM. And it just stuck there. Talk about miserable... that much extra weight is just damn uncomfortable. Things CHAFE that should not chafe.
Things flap around that should NOT flap.
None of my clothes fit. NONE of them. I had to buy new *everything* even bras.
It was not comfortable to sleep. Because I would sweat all the time and things stuck together.
It was uncomfortabe to walk. To do anything.

So how did I get scrawny?? Well Lyme goes in waves. Sometimes it is active and sometimes it sleeps. It slept for awhile. Just making me miserable but not totally knocked on my ass.

Then it got active again about a year and a half ago... and knocked my feet out from under me.

And my weight plummeted.

So now I am scrawny.

Although I prefer to be called TINY and LEAN, thank you very much. For someone who is 5'6" tall, weighing under 100 pounds is... well, unpleasant, to say the least. And COLD.
It just plain sucks. I have no insulation or padding!! This makes for some very unpleasant sleeping. I mean, my hips HURT because it hurts to be laying on them... argh.
Plus the Child picks me up sometimes -- just because.
I tell her to stop it because it hurts.
And I don't like being carried around like a Cabbage Patch doll.

UPDATE: I wrote this back in November and am just now getting around to posting it... the holidays really REALLY flattened me. But some good news: I gained a pound! Which now puts me near the 100 pound mark... Woo hoo! And there was much rejoicing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home