Raw Spewage

Updates from the battlefield ... fighting and winning against Lyme disease. Lyme bacteria rarely travels alone, by the way... so not only am I infected with Lyme bacteria but it brought along friends Babesia and Bartonella. It's one big keg party in here. But guess what? The party is OVER, boys. I am hammering you with IV meds and you are making me so ill as you fight back... yeah, you SUCK. But my meds are bigger and better and kicking your little bug asses to the curb. I win. =)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Palo Alto, California, United States

Writing has always been the best way for me to communicate my thoughts. And since my thoughts spew forth as raw, scattered, and random musings... the term "Raw Spewage" seemed quite appropriate.

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Raw and real. Fighting to be free.

A couple of years ago, I saw this on TV and I have never forgotten how deeply I responded to it. It is so powerful and accurate at showing how I feel as I have been clawing my way out of this disease. The song is Gravity and the two dancers express the raw emotion of fighting to escape when something else has entangled you in its relentless grasp. The moment where she is reaching her hand desperately for the sky captures it all for me. The pain of fighting with your soul to be released from the grip of this disease... I cry now for all those caught in the web and remember how far I have come... and how far there is yet to go. I will keep fighting until I am free.
My dad said "keep pedaling, honey, just keep pedaling. bikes can't go backwards."
Okay dad... Here I go.


Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LifeHappens said...

Do you have a email address where you can be reached?

9:13 AM  
Blogger ~wendy. said...

please feel free to contact me here:

wendymouser@gmail.com

i hope you like my posts on this blog... take care,
~wendy.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home